Music promotion companies are great for bands who have a little bit of a marketing budget. You can get more fans and more success without having to spend hours and hours every day in front of the computer spamming the social networks and record companies.
I think it’s a crime that so many musicians spend two to three hours a day promoting their music, then spend only an hour a week actually producing any songs.
There is a little sum I like to do that keeps me on track with my music marketing. It goes like this…
Spend 80% of your time making music submit music to record pools.
Spend 20% of your time marketing music.
The 20% may be two hours a week talking and working with music promotion companies creating a marketing plan.
Making better and better music is like rocket fuel for all your marketing efforts because suddenly people will be falling in love with what you do and the real fans will start rolling in.
I have a dream….
Let’s say you’re in a band with four other dudes…
Now you go to them and say you have an idea that if you all put in $300 a month, you could employ a music promotion company. This will help you play bigger and bigger shows and easily pay the costs.
It will be a hard sell, but if you can pull it off you will be able to hire one of the great music promotion companies out there.
But what will they do for you?
– Radio Promotion: Now your music will be blasted out and promoted to all the top national and local stations.
– Online Music Magazines and Ezines: There are too many to count and it would take you hours to do this yourself.
– Blogs: Some people call them the new A&R, and your music promotion companies will have a big list.
– Directories: Full of fans looking for new music.
– Music Podcasts: Another great place to pick up new fans.
– Indie Record Labels: Get a small deal then move to a major. Works like magic!
I got your back…